Help Best Day Create More Smiles!
While our programs are free to all children, it costs Best Day approximately $200 per child when factoring in all costs despite the generous support from our amazing sponsors.
As we grow to serve more children in 2013, we need your assistance. We're grateful for any support you can offer. We're a 501(c)(3) non-profit so each donation is tax-deductible.
Help more children with a tax-deductible donation.
Easiest Ways to Help
- You can make a tax-deductible donation of any size. Perhaps your employer offers matching funds? Some even do 2-1 matching -- so you can in essence double or triple your donation!
- Use Crowdrise to help connect with your friends online. It's fast, easy, secure, and ties into things like Facebook and Twitter - and even helps you email friends. To get started:
- Click the Join the Team button in Crowdrise to create an account.
- Create your custom page using anything you want off our website. BUT use your own words to make it personal. Write about your experience at Best Day. Your friends will want to know why this is important to you.
- Send an email to your friends and family, post on Facebook, Tweet it, and so on.
- Repeat #3 at least 3 times. While everyone hates to bug their friends -- people often forgot to donate because they got the message on their cell phone or at an inconvenent time! I've actually had people thank me for sending that 3rd email so they could help support a cause that I felt passionate about ;-)
That's it -- if you raise $500 or more we'll send you a BDF hoodie ;-)
To make it easy, we've included a few sample emails to help you.
Call us 800.309.2815 and we'll happily walk you through the process if you like.
Other Ways to Help
If you're not into that - there are other ways you can help too:
- Make a donation if you don't have time to raise funds. You can make a one time donation or give a little each month. Think of it as a subscription to smiles ;-)
- Create and host your own fundraiser. Get some great ideas from those who've taken on that challenage with a triathalon, bowling event, custom tie sale, Zumba dance marathon, and more!
- Print and give our annual report to your company's non-profit foundation with a personal note telling them how much Best Day has affected you and those you know. Feel free to also give it to your rich uncle, grandma, or neighbor down the street with the Lamborghini.
- Select Best Day as an event beneficiary for any event you're putting on - as we've been chosen by the SEAPaddleNYC, the Waterman's Paddle for Humanity, and more.
- Come and volunteer at one of our events.
- Buy one of these awesome bracelets from SarahDipiti inspired by world-famous Surf Dog Ricochet!
- Shop at your favorite online stores like Amazon, Home Depot, and such through iGive. It varies by each of the 700+ stores they partner with, but in addition to coupons for further savings, a portion of each purchase goes to Best Day.